AWARE is an initiative to ensure that gender is considered in all IP-CALS activities, including our sponsored and academic programs. We believe that focusing on women in agriculture as an underserved group holds the greatest potential to make significant impact in rural development.
AWARE resources and activities include:
- Quarterly seminar series hosting internationally renowned speakers on gender in agriculture.
- Monthly scholarly discussion group around AWARE topics.
- Representation of IP-CALS commitment to gender equity and mainstreaming at international agricultural fora.
- Development and implementation of gender initiatives in current and future proposals and funded activities.
- Integration of gender issues in the courses and academic initiatives of IP-CALS.
- Curation of a gender-focused library that is freely accessible to the Cornell community.
- Disseminate information within IP-CALS on lectures, conferences and events related to gender in agriculture
- Promote the participation of women researchers to leadership training initiatives.