Back to top

IARD Minor

International Programs also offers a minor in International Agriculture and Rural Development (IARD) for graduate students at the M.S. and Ph.D. levels. The requirements for this minor are at the discretion of the student's committee member representing the minor. The Graduate school requires an "outside" member for Ph.D. committees (the M.S. can also have an outside member but it is not required). Course requirements for the minor are determined by the minor committee member in consultation with the student, based on factors such as the student's prior course work, research plans, and future career goals. Through coursework, all minor students acquire a reasonable breadth of perspective on the complexities of international development that lie beyond their own area of disciplinary interest. It is also strongly recommended that the student has some international experience, either having spent time overseas in an international project or by doing their research overseas.