A candidate for the Master of Professional Studies in Agriculture and Life Sciences degree must complete the following items to be eligible to graduate:
- A minimum of 2 semesters of coursework, in residence, for a total of 30 credit hours. One unit may be earned by successfully completing a minimum of 12 credit hours in a single semester.
- Out of the 30 credits, 20 must be in CALS; 18 must be for a letter grade; 24 must be in graduate courses or seminars 4000 and higher.
- A petition to the MPS committee for exceptions to credit hour requirements may be submitted to the Director of Graduate Studies. Language courses and writing courses do not count toward the credits required for the degree.
- A maximum of 6 credit hours earned outside the program at Cornell University or elsewhere may be counted toward requirements at the discretion of the Special Committee. These credits must be appropriate to the subject of the chosen field of study and completed not more than 5 years prior to admission.
- Satisfactory completion of a problem-solving project paper under the supervision of the Special Committee. This paper may be the execution of an action program, the development of materials or methodology suited to the student's situation, or development and execution of research appropriate to the profession.
- Hold a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Complete the degree within 4 years of admission.
Ready to Graduate?
If you have completed the degree requirements above and are ready to graduate, please refer to the CALS website: